I’ve been wondering what quinoa was for the longest time. “Quino-WHAT?” Yeah… that’s what I said. I keep seeing recipes for these little bead looking things everywhere… especially on Pinterest.
Anyway, I recently started working out and making healthier eating choices… and a few of my trusted friends highly recommended I try quinoa. So I picked out a Garlic & Mushroom quinoa recipe… and here I am.
This is quinoa after it’s been washed and cooked. Isn’t it cute?
I have a secret: I’ve NEVER cooked mushrooms before. They look frightening to me… just as Turkey and raspberries do. Yeah, I know… I have the strangest of fears. I give myself credit tho… I put on a brave face and faced the dreaded mushroom for this dish (… as I screamed bloody murder).
So I sliced the mushrooms and throw em into a pan with some garlic and thyme…
Once cooked, stir in the quinoa…
And garnish with Parmesan cheese! This turned out SOOOOO GOOD!!! Quinoa gained a new fan… and so did the mushroom! Enjoy!
Garlic And Mushroom Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan to garnish optional
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in quinoa and combine well.
- Garnished with Parmesan and serve immediately!