[ Jump to Anime Step-by-Step | Jump to Video ]
Salmon Baked in Foil 🐟🥕🧅🧈
“Sake no foiru yaki” is inspired by the dish featured in episode 2 of one of my favorite anime series “Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan” (based on the popular “Fate” series).
The show has some pretty yummy step-by-step meals and this one, I’ve been wanting to try forever! ⏳ I’m glad I finally did because this is now our go-to meal when J and I are too tired to cook after a long day of school, work, and meetings! 😮💨😵💫
Super easy… layer your ingredients in foil, wrap it up, throw it in 400F oven for 25 mins… and BAM!
Healthy DINNER! 💪🏻🤤🔥
Prep your ingredients at the beginning of the week to make this even easier to make… and because you can eat this right out of the foil… no plates to wash! 🎊🥂 Ready?
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 med sized Carrot
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- Consomme (I used chicken bouillon powder)
- Unsalted butter
- Optional Wasabi + Mayonnaise
Step 1: Gather your ingredients
Step 2: Sprinkle some sake (I used mirin)
Step 3: Sprinkle salt and let sit for 5-10 mins
Step 4: Wipe off excess liquid with paper towel
Step 5: Add more salt & pepper
Step 6: Lay out onions & carrots on foil
Step 7: Sprinkle with consomme (I used chicken bouillon)
Step 8: Lay salmon and mushrooms on top (I used asparagus)
Step 9: Add a pat of butter
Step 10: place foil packet in dry pan and cook for 25 mins (I baked in 400-450F for 25 mins)
Step 11: All done!
Step 12: Add wasabi mayo to kick up the flavor (this is optional but honestly, you’re missing out if you don’t try this!)
@girlplusfood Salmon Baked in Foil 🐟🥕🧈🧅 #salmon #bakedsalmon #salmonrecipe #salmonfoilpacks ♬ Ghibli-style nostalgic waltz – MaSssuguMusic
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1/8 tsp Mirin
- 1/8 tsp Consomme I used chicken bouillon powder
- Unsalted butter
- Wasabi paste
- Mayonnaise Kewpie!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Lightly sprinkle mirin and salt to both sides of the fish. Let it marinate for 5 – 10 minutes
- Pat dry the fish
- Lightly season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper
- Lay out onions and carrots in center of foil
- Sprinkle the bedding with consomme
- Place salmon & asparagus on top
- Top with butter
- Close up the foil, making certain sides are sealed. Bake at 400F for 20-25 mins.
- When finished, take out foil packet. Careful, it's HOT!
- Add wasabi mayo!
- Squeeze mayo into small bowl
- Add a small dab of wasabi paste
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified trauma-informed master life coach, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!