I finally bought my very first ever Belgian waffle iron! The first thing I made… Mochi Waffles!
Holy moly… the outside gets crispy while the inside is chewy and stretchy!
I’ve seen these served with maple syrup, fruit, chocolate, powdered sugar, and even whipped cream… but we did the Japanese thang and had them with kinako (roasted soybean flour + sugar).
They’re so ridiculously simple to make and takes just a few minutes to cook! We had these instead of popcorn for our movie nite! 😀
- 3/4 cups milk of your choice I used almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup mochiko flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In medium bowl, whisk milk and egg to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine mochiko flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk to combine.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1/3 cup batter to center of waffle iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
- Waffle Iron
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!