Have y’all tried this delicious goodness?
It’s so crazy simple to make… and because it’s basically all eggs, tomatoes, and cheese, it fits my #hypothyroidism nutritional needs!
My kid loves it and the runny eggs earned a solid “A” from me!
- 8 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic 1 thinly sliced. 1 halved
- 1 tsp Red-pepper flakes
- 1 can Diced tomatoes 28oz
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan,
- 2 tbsps Unsalted butter
- In large skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium heat. Add sliced garlic and red-pepper flakes and cook about 1 minute - until garlic turns golden brown at the edges.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and turn heat to medium-low.
- Squash tomato pieces (I used a potato masher) until tomatoes break down and thicken into a sauce, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in Parmesan, butter, salt and red-pepper flakes to taste.
- Make 6 divots into tomato sauce using back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each divot. Cover pan and cook until eggs are set (about 3 minutes for runny yolks!).
- Sprinkle finished eggs with chopped parsley and more Parmesan.
- Serve with garlic toast.
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!