We LOVE roasted garlic.
Butter-soft, caramelized, and sweet… holy heavens, this is the definition of peace & happiness in an otherwise chaotic world.
Roasted garlic can be used on pretty much anything… spread it on bread, throw a handful of whole garlic cloves onto pizza, or eat it straight from the bulb!
So simple to make too. You only need 3 heads of garlic, olive oil, and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- 3 heads garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Prepare foil large enough to wrap each head of garlic.
- Peel away the papery outer layer skin on garlic. Leave enough layers so head of garlic stays together. Cut 1/4-inch from top of cloves to expose inside the individual cloves.
- Place head of garlic, cut-side-up, on foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and ground pepper.
- Wrap foil around garlic. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cloves are light brown and soft.