Preparing lasagna to cook in the crock pot was so quick and easy compared to the traditional method, I was a little worried that taste would be sacrificed.
Fortunately, nothing could be further than the truth… it was absolutely delicious! My pre-teen scarfed down two HUGE servings with a big smiles plastered across his face the entire time… and told me he’ll be having more after giving his tummy a little rest.
Music to my ears!! ?
I think this is how I’ll be preparing lasagna from now on… totally loving the quick & easy prep! (Although, I have yet to get used to waiting from 2-6 hours for the freakin crock pot to cook!!!)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- fresh baby spinach
- Italian seasoning to taste
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until brown. Stir in pasta sauce, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, egg, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Spoon a layer of 1) meat sauce 2) 5 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces to fit 3) ricotta cheese mixture 4) spinach.
- Repeat layers one or two more times. Top with remaining meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on low for three hours or until noodles are tender. I started checking on it at around 2.5 hours.