Preparing lasagna to cook in the crock pot was so quick and easy compared to the traditional method, I was a little worried that taste would be sacrificed.
Fortunately, nothing could be further than the truth… it was absolutely delicious! My pre-teen scarfed down two HUGE servings with a big smiles plastered across his face the entire time… and told me he’ll be having more after giving his tummy a little rest.
Music to my ears!! ?
I think this is how I’ll be preparing lasagna from now on… totally loving the quick & easy prep! (Although, I have yet to get used to waiting from 2-6 hours for the freakin crock pot to cook!!!)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- fresh baby spinach
- Italian seasoning to taste
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until brown. Stir in pasta sauce, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, egg, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Spoon a layer of 1) meat sauce 2) 5 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces to fit 3) ricotta cheese mixture 4) spinach.
- Repeat layers one or two more times. Top with remaining meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on low for three hours or until noodles are tender. I started checking on it at around 2.5 hours.
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!