I never really used sweet potatoes in my dishes… and if I ever had them, they were mashed and served with butter lol. Never would I have imagined having them as a “sweet potato toast” topped with fruit, nut butter, chocolate, and guacamole… or as sweet potato smoothies for breakfast!
So I was totally mind-blown when I realized this magical orange superfood can be transformed into the gooiest, fudgiest, and the most chocolaty sweet potato brownies!
Yep, BROWNIES! I kid you not!!!
Yet another delicious way to enjoy this amazing superfood! The beloved sweet potato is an excellent source of vitamin A and C, both vital for supporting immune function and protect cells against aging and disease. Plus, it’s packed with energy-supporting B vitamins and minerals, including potassium which lowers blood pressure and reduces strain on your heart!
Ready for this scrumptiously nutritious treat?
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter (or allergy-friendly sub)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour (or oat, white, spelt flour)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Line 8-inch pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- Heat nut butter until easy to stir. Then in large bowl, whisk nut butter with sweet potato and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Make certain baking soda is evenly incorporated.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet (not other way around), and smooth into prepared pan.
- Top with a handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Bake on center oven rack for 20 minutes.
- Bonus: Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or banana nice cream!
|Mmmm… Try this recipe?|
Tag @thegirlplusfood on Instagram
with hashtag #GirlPlusGood