I’ve been admiring the most kawaii (Japanese for “cute”) treats served in Japanese cafes…
And wanted to make sumn adorably delicious here at home!
What I did was split open a fresh baked croissant (or a warmed up ready-made one), spoon in creamy egg custard (recipe below), and add your juicy strawberries! YUM is an understatement!
I’ve even included a Vegan Custard recipe because I’m cool like dat.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine milk, sugar, and cornstarch in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk while scraping bottom of pan to so cornstarch doesn’t burn. Continue until milk is scalded.
- Slowly add egg yolks while whisking. Continue to heat mixture 2-3 minutes until mixture begins to thicken. Do not bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, pour into small bowl and chill until set.
No-Bake Vegan Custard:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp agar agar
- Pinch of turmeric
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- Pour milk into small pan. Add corn starch, agar agar, and turmeric. Whisk until dry ingredients have completely dissolved.
- Continue to whisk while adding maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Cook on medium heat while stirring continuously until mixture starts to simmer. Remove from heat, pour into small bowl and chill until set.
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!