Ok, so… I totally understand that these sweet & crunchy oats are supposed to be used as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, pudding, and more… but I am not ashamed to admit that I eat them by the spoonful on their own!
How could I not? They’re sweet, buttery, and crispy… and omg… just three ingredients! #nomnomnom
I love them on my nice cream… especially chocolate peanut butter!
And they add a fun crunch to your chia pudding & nice cream breakfast bowls!
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt optional
- Preheat oven to 355° and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add butter, sugar and salt in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats. Pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread out loosely
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir oats, then continue to bake for another 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Watch closely so they don't burn!
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!