Ok, so… I totally understand that these sweet & crunchy oats are supposed to be used as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, pudding, and more… but I am not ashamed to admit that I eat them by the spoonful on their own!
How could I not? They’re sweet, buttery, and crispy… and omg… just three ingredients! #nomnomnom
I love them on my nice cream… especially chocolate peanut butter!
And they add a fun crunch to your chia pudding & nice cream breakfast bowls!
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 355° and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add butter, sugar and salt in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats. Pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread out loosely
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir oats, then continue to bake for another 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Watch closely so they don't burn!
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.