So we’re giving this “healthy eating” idea a shot… and I’ve kicked it off by substituting cookies & candies with fruit. It’s only been a day and we’re still alive… so I’m hopeful!
Instead of making the usual ice cream and (the sugar of the moment) dessert this afternoon, I threw together this simple blueberry/walnut yogurt parfait… and gosh darnit, it was YUMMEH!!
Only problem was JRoc and I each had at least 5 servings, so our next “challenge” is to learn how to eat in moderation. Heh 🙂
2 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1 cup glazed walnuts
- Microwave frozen blueberries in a microwave-safe bowl for about 40 seconds (just to get the yummy juices flowing out).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of yogurt into a small juice glass.
- Spoon a layer of blueberries on top of the yogurt.
- Add 2nd layer of yogurt to cover the blueberries.
- Add 2nd layer of blueberries to cover the yogurt.
- Finally, top with glazed walnuts and about 1 teaspoon blueberries.
I normally don’t measure these things, so add more or less to suit your taste!
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!