So we’re giving this “healthy eating” idea a shot… and I’ve kicked it off by substituting cookies & candies with fruit. It’s only been a day and we’re still alive… so I’m hopeful!
Instead of making the usual ice cream and (the sugar of the moment) dessert this afternoon, I threw together this simple blueberry/walnut yogurt parfait… and gosh darnit, it was YUMMEH!!
Only problem was JRoc and I each had at least 5 servings, so our next “challenge” is to learn how to eat in moderation. Heh 🙂
2 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1 cup glazed walnuts
- Microwave frozen blueberries in a microwave-safe bowl for about 40 seconds (just to get the yummy juices flowing out).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of yogurt into a small juice glass.
- Spoon a layer of blueberries on top of the yogurt.
- Add 2nd layer of yogurt to cover the blueberries.
- Add 2nd layer of blueberries to cover the yogurt.
- Finally, top with glazed walnuts and about 1 teaspoon blueberries.
I normally don’t measure these things, so add more or less to suit your taste!