Here’s a super simple recipe for butter croutons.
I make these whenever I make our favorite Japanese Corn Cream Soup!
- 4 cups bread cut into 1/2 inch cubes (French bread preferred, but any bread will do)
- 4 tbsp butter
- Melt butter on medium high heat in a large sauté pan.
- Add the cubed bread and mix well so they're coated in butter
- Spread the croutons in a single layer in the pan.
- Once they start to brown, use spatula to turn them over.
- When the croutons are at least a little toasted on a couple of sides, remove from heat.