So we no longer buy “store bought” cookies… I mean, I really don’t mind them… heck, the quicker and easier it is for me, the better! 🙂 But when we’re exploring through the grocery aisles and I ask my JRoc if he’d like to grab a package of cookies, he looks at me with this confused expression on his sweet face and ask, “Why can’t we just bake some?”
He has a point tho… with the quick & easy Three Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies recipes, it’s not like I don’t have the energy… or 10 minutes to spare.
Anyway, last night my beautiful child asked if “Nutella Cookies” were do-able… and if so, would I please bake a batch.
Why of course, ANYTHING is do-able with Nutella!
So I baked two dozen to start us off… and wow, these suckers are DEEEEEE-LISH!! Thank God they’re so freaking easy to make. *phew!*
Only 3 ingredients too… Nutella, flour, and an egg. Oh, and if you’re feeling extra sweet, dump in a handful of chocolate chips (making that a 4 ingredient Nutella cookie…)! I made some with just the Nutella, some topped with 3 chocolate chips, and some with chocolate chips mixed right into the cookie dough!
Not sure which is my favorite… they all taste soooo yummy with a glass of cold milk!
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of Nutella
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour, egg and Nutella in a large bowl and mix together with a spoon until dough comes together and no flour lumps remain. (optional: stir in chocolate chips into the dough)
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheets, about an inch apart.
- Carefully press down on dough to slightly flatten, and smooth edges that may have cracked.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes. Cookies should be mostly set. Let cookies cool on rack until completely set.