I admit, I’ve never tried Thai Milk Iced Tea until just a few months ago when JRoc and I had lunch at a local Thai place… it looked pretty on the picture in the menu, so I figured I’d give it a shot. OMG and we’ve both been hooked since!!!
We’ve also had Boba Thai Tea which is super yummeh too… but nothing beats a cool, creamy glass of Thai Milk Iced Tea… and now we make it at home anytime we want!
8 Cups Water
1 Cup Thai Tea (I use the “Thai Tea Cha Thai” brand)
2 Cups Sugar
Evaporated Milk to taste
- In a kettle, bring the water to a boil. Place tea in a teapot or glass container. Pour the water over the tea and let steep until bright orange in color, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain into a clean container, such as a pitcher.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill 6 tall glasses with crushed ice and add tea to 3/4 full.
- Pour evaporated milk over ice in each glass.
- Serve with straw or iced-tea spoon so guests can swirl the mixture themselves.