JRoc and I used to grab these super yummy, toasted cheese ravioli from a local pasta place. Unfortunately, it was one of those “for a limited time” deals, and after only a few weeks, they no longer carried them on the menu *saaad face*.
“So… make your own!” you say? That’s exactly what I did… and my first try at it turned out pretty darn good.
- 1 package refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Pour enough oil (I used vegetable oil) into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating, lightly beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. Put the bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip ravioli in egg and coat completely. Allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with a bowl of warm marinara sauce!