This is the first “healthy” baking I’ve done in my life!!! Like do “healthy” cupcakes even exist? Apparently, YES! And it’s mighty delicious too!
I got this recipe weeks – even months ago, from my wonderfully health-conscious BFF (we all need someone like that in our lives, right?) and I finally got around to trying it out. I have no idea why I waited so long (well I do, but who wants to admit to… healthy = uninspiring?) because these babies are insanely NUMMY!
- 1 1/2 cups heaping shredded carrots (or 1 14.5oz can carrots)
- 1 cup all-natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup raw honey, or 1/4 cup of stevia (I used maple syrup)
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use cupcake liners.
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts, until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them - don't over-bake!
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!