I add chia seeds into pretty much everything… from smoothies, overnight oats, pancakes, and nice cream. These babies are mini powerhouses packing more calcium than milk, more antioxidants than blueberries and more Omega-3 than Salmon! #brainfood
Queue Chia Pet commercial jingle… “Ch-ch-ch-Chia!”
Mmmhmmm… these are the same CHIA seeds that magically sprout glorious green fur/hair/grassy-things on those terracotta figurines we all know and (sorta) love!
However, don’t start snacking on your Chia Pets just yet because apparently they’re not approved for consumption.
Alright, enough of that… ready to create some happiness?
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ cup Chia Seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup (optional) or sweetener of your choice - honey, dates, Stevia, etc.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour into jar or glass container, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) to let seeds gel.
- Serve with fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, drizzle chocolate, nut butter, or fruit sauce... whatever you want!
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!