Let’s continue experimenting with what must be a preview to heaven that we call BACON, shall we? In my last post, we dipped these strips of ecstasy into chocolate.
And with temperatures reaching 100°+ here in Las Vegas, I thought it would be so perfect to try bacon in a cool, creamy treat!
That’s right… Candied Bacon Ice Cream!
And yes, I know the ice cream is quickly melting, but it’s ridiculously hot out here. Did I say it was 100°? No, it’s more like 793.8° now… at 9PM.
Granted, I pretty much cheated with this recipe. I crisped up some Hormel Black Label Bacon and cooked crumbles of bacon with butter, sugar, and brown sugar… and mixed it into a quart of caramel swirl ice cream.
I’m not kidding. And it was DELICIOUS.
Best part… YOU get to add as much bacon as your little heart desires! I’m going to make it again… same, exact recipe. Well, maybe a little more bacon.
Here’s the candied bacon ice cream served in a bowl with a strip of chocolate dipped bacon. To be honest, you can serve this on my garage floor and it’ll still taste scrumptious.
Candied Bacon Ice Cream!
For the candied bacon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb bacon cooked and roughly crumbled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
For the ice cream
- 1 quart of ice cream. We used caramel swirl.
- Melt butter in medium saute pan, over medium heat.
- Add the crumbled bacon and stir.
- Sprinkle both sugars over bacon and stir continuously until the sugar melts (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Pour the bacon in a single layer onto parchment paper and set aside to cool completely.
- While waiting for the bacon to cool, empty out the quart of ice cream into a big mixing bowl to soften. Do not melt the ice cream and don't throw out your ice cream container! (We helped speed up the process by mashing the ice cream with a mixing spoon)
- Once the bacon is cooled, add bacon to the ice cream and mix well so the bacon bits are evenly distributed.
- Return the bacon ice cream into its original container and freeze until firm (about an hour).