I’ve (sadly) had to steer clear of pancakes for breakfast because they make me feel sluggish for some reason… actually I’m noticing that a lot of “starchy” foods like rice, bread, and pasta makes me feel all slow-mo (but this is for another post). Certainly not how I want to start my mornings!
Sooo… I was absolutely THRILLED to give this recipe a spin! I mean, c’mon… oats, bananas, chia seeds, and almond milk? These are ingredients my body associates with yumminess and energy boost!
These babies are super easy to make, healthy, vegan (fyi – I’m faaaar from being a vegan and even I love this stuff!), and incredibly YUMMY!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups non-dairy milk I used almond/cashew milk... omg yum!
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 large/4 small ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Add oats to blender/food processor and run until oats turn into a fine powder. (This is strictly a personal preference. It makes the batter smoother!)
- Put all items into a large bowl and blend. (I simply add the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend!)
- Lightly oil your non-stick pan and spread with paper towel. Heat on low-medium.
- Pour/scoop a small amount of batter onto pan. Pancakes should be small and thick.
- Cover pan. When the top-side of the pancake begins to bubble, flip!
- Let the other side cook. Peek at the underside after a minute. When it’s nice and brown, your pancake is ready!
- Top with fruit, nuts, syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar... whatever you choose! (I used sliced bananas, walnuts, chocolate, and drizzled with caramel sauce!)
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!