We’re humongous fans of the fresh and delicious ahi-tuna poke bowls! It’s so easy to make and INSANELY gorgeous to look at! My child is a hardcore sashimi fan, so the poke bowl which is a combination of marinated raw tuna with an assortment of healthy vegetables makes a regular appearance during lunch!
Today’s foodie trivia: “Sashimi” is not the same as “sushi.” Sashimi is thinly sliced raw meat – usually fish, served without rice. Sushi however, is NOT raw fish, but the serving of vinegared rice with other ingredients, which may or may not include raw fish.
Anyway… sometimes (not always… rarely happens, but it does) we don’t really want an entire bowl of food to chow on. Which is why these Ahi tuna and Avocado Wonton Crisps make such perfect snacks / light meal!
Marinated Ahi Tuna, avocados, some wonton wrappers… and you’re ready to go! To be honest, we usually end up eating more than a serving of a poke bowl, but whatev… it’s soooooo yummy!
- 1 pound sashimi-grade Ahi tuna cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated (I use the one in the squeeze bottle!)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sriracha optional - for spicy tuna!
- 2 avocados cut into cubes
- Wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying or baking wontons
- Yum yum sauce to drizzle optional
- Cut Ahi into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds (and sriracha if making spicy tuna) into bowl with Ahi and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
Fried Wonton Crisps
- Add about 1 inch of vegetable oil into deep pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry wontons in batches, about 15 to 20 seconds on each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
Baked Wonton Crisps
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Lightly spray or brush wontons with oil and arrange on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
I’m a single mom of a premed, certified life strategist, religion teacher, best selling author, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. If it’s yummy, quick, healthy, easy, yummy, and yummy… believe me, I’m all over it!
Let me know if you’ve tried my recipes by tagging @girlplusfoodlv on Instagram so I can celebrate with you!